Chances third place and a light bulb to escape

>> Thursday, September 30, 2010



The Daily Telegraph - I could not have won the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday but there was a lot of positive to take from the race. I extended my lead in the standings to 11 points, the team had a good strategy to make the order appeal catapult me and I had a good start for the first time in a few games.

But all the press wanted to talk about the suite was Lewis Hamilton's crash on lap 36.

They wanted to know who to blame in my opinion - and that race stewards and everyone I talked - it was a simple racing accident.

A slower car as I was frustrated we accelerated out of turn five, just after the second safety car. It cost me some momentum and also a Lewis run out as we approached the turn seven, which was the only realistic overtaking point on the knees. We both brakes at the border and we at that point.

Luckily I was able to continue. Not that my RB6 was something like the car, even after the incident, my right front tire pushed to the edge and I had a vibration mass for the remaining 25 laps. I could barely hold the steering wheel at high speed and I'm still nursing a massive blow on my right hand.

Top of the sidebar. Go to the bottom of the sidebar.

End of sidebar. Back to the top of the sidebar.

I was just relieved the car to finish third, so a good result to have - especially when you consider I had a difficult build-up of the race. I could not balance the car to my liking during practice, qualifying and I lined up fifth, which was my worst position since the grille opening of the season in Bahrain.

The team worked very hard on our departures in recent weeks and it's good to see Seb and me, and when the lights go out. I then received a call very good strategy because the team got me in the pits during the first safety car was deployed in the third round. I questioned the decision at first because I thought we would lose many positions, but we gave him and I went out in 11th place. When I later told us racing for third place Hamilton, I was a happy man.

To update the strategy, I had my head to get and I was pretty aggressive in the first laps immediately after my pit stop. I chose to Timo Glock and easily had the pleasure of spending Kamui Kobayashi for the ninth in the seventh round because he was everywhere. Missing peaks and missing walls per millimeter, and I do not want to collect him when he crashed, he did later in the race.

In round 21, we received confirmation that our strategy worked, because Lewis is opposed to third place behind and with me. This led us to crash, and then I came home nursing the car.

I crossed the line behind Vettel 28sec in the second.

The top five drivers are separated by just 25 points, which is the equivalent of a victory.

It gets interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Statistic

Network

Facebook - Twitter

© Blogger template

Themes 'Simple n Sweet'
Redesign by Pozan Matang

Infolinks